The following websites may help to broaden your understanding of the issues and organisations mentioned on this site and in the report.
- Green Resources – the Norwegian plantation forestry company at the centre of the carbonviolence.org project.
- Oakland Institute – an independent policy think tank, bringing fresh ideas and bold action to the most pressing social, economic, and environmental issues of our time.
- CCB Standards – from the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA).
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) – United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Climate Markets & Investment Association (CMIA) – an international association representing private sector companies in the carbon and sustainable finance markets.
- Finnfund – a Finnish development finance company that provides long-term risk capital for private projects in developing countries.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) International– an international, membership based, non-profit organisation founded in 1993 by environmentalists, social interest groups, indigenous peoples’ organisations, responsible retailers and leader forest management companies to develop standards based on the ’10 Principles for Forest Stewardship’ by which responsible forest management can be measured.
- International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) – a non-profit organisation, “IETA members seek to develop an emissions trading regime that results in real and verifiable greenhouse gas emission reductions, while balancing economic efficiency with environmental integrity and social equity.”
- National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), Uganda – the principal agency in Uganda, charged with the responsibility of coordinating, monitoring, regulating and supervising environmental management in the country.
- National Forestry Authority (NFA), Uganda
- Norfund – the Norwegian Investment Fund for developing countries.
- redd-monitor.org – a weekly roundup of news from REDD (reduced emissions from deforestation and forest degradation).
- Swedish Energy Agency
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC/CCNUCC)
Questions/comments about the project?
If you would like to know more about the project or have something to say, please Leave a Comment at the bottom of this page, or visit our Contact page.